Saturday, June 11, 2005

Fountain in Rome


"Summer" for Illustration Friday.
In 2002, I spent two weeks in Italy. It was about 95 degrees there, every day.
Rome seemed especially hot. In all three cities we visited, tourist and locals would congregate around the fountains to get cool.

This fountain sits at the bottom of the Spanish Steps. It's not a drawing, but a manipulated photo. I used Photoshop, increased saturation, used Median to blur a little, then the Watercolor filter. I tried to combine it with Poster Edges or Ink Outlines to define the edges of the people and objects, but it changed the tone and made it seem less summery.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Hi Kate,
Thank you so much for your nice comment on my beach drawing. I use Prismacolor pencils and to get the rich colors I simply put down lots of layers with medium to heavy pressure. That's not what most artists do with colored pencils, but then again, I’m not really an artist!!

Thanks again,
Steve

June 13, 2005 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home