Sunday, July 17, 2005

Fruit - Strawberries


EDM Challenge #24, Fruit. I did this one in Painter too, in about an hour. I used a photo underneath to get the lines and colors, and it looks weird, I think because of the low res image that I used. Anyway, Gouache Brush size 5 for the lines, and then varying Gouache brushes for the colors. I used Eraser Bleach for some of the highlights, but also painted some of the hightlights.

I'm trying another in ArtRage, but that's not going as well. I'll post it tomorrow, probably.

9 Comments:

Blogger Julie Durocher said...

I so love this illustration! It looks like you have really mastered Painter. Great composition. Those strawberries look so yummy.

July 17, 2005 8:23 PM  
Blogger Ramesh Gandhi said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! The shine, wonderful. I'm also glad to know how you did it. Really luscious.

July 17, 2005 9:53 PM  
Blogger Shelly McC said...

Beautiful, looks good enough to eat!!

July 17, 2005 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally great. really nice sooooo fresh!
patty (edm group)

July 18, 2005 11:23 AM  
Blogger Nita Van Zandt said...

The color and shine--oh, so well done!

July 18, 2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I'm so impressed you did this with a computer!!! I want to do strawberries too but can't get to it till tonight! They look really good!
Lindsay

July 20, 2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I'm so impressed you did this with a computer!!! I want to do strawberries too but can't get to it till tonight! They look really good!
Lindsay

July 20, 2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks, everyone.

July 20, 2005 2:28 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

oooh, I like this one too! I love to use black outlines in my drawings too.

July 20, 2005 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home