Monday, June 13, 2005

Memory Map of Bike Trail


I have this book called Writing and Illustrating Children's Books for Publication. It's by Berthe Amoss and Eric Suben, and it's very well written.

In it they have an exercise called a memory map, to get back to childhood, or at least remember some of the things about being a child.

My roommate and I went on this really great bike trail the other day, and neither of us brought a camera or sketchbook with us. So, two days later I decided to make a memory map. This is in Pilot Razor Point. Green just seemed the right color after all of the trees and the big fields we saw.

You may notice some weird blurry spots. I filtered some of the names in Photoshop to remove clues to where I actually live. At this point, trying to keep my teaching job, I prefer to remain anonymous.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Kate, I love this idea. I want to make a memory map too. Maybe I'll use it for this weeks challenge.It would be very interesting. Thanks for this idea. Lindsay

June 18, 2005 6:38 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

No problem. I wish that I could take credit, but really it's from the book that I cited.

It is a great idea though.

June 18, 2005 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home