Saturday, July 23, 2005

Paris 2004


I was reminiscing a little this morning about my trip to Paris last year. I went with some friends, and we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower on the first day. It's really cold up there at dusk. I wished I'd brought a parka. The line was long, the elevator crowded, and some teenage smart ass in the elevator tried to out-word me. Acrophobia and agoraphobia both came up, and then it was a phobia naming contest. Anyway, at the top I took a panorama of digital shots of Paris. I had no idea how white the city looks from up high, nor how interesting it can be to view a city from this vantage.
Painter and digital tablet, Gouache brush size five, from a photo. This wasted a good two, two-and-a-half hours of my day today. And it turned out okay too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turned out beautifully.

July 23, 2005 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home